Tuesday, October 02, 2007

LIFE


1st Innings

I was a good looking child. All I remember is that all girls used to pick me up, hug me, and kiss on my cheeks. I started school, wasted lots of time there. They used me for 18 years of my life only to teach me how to push buttons. I was just so happy that school was over, so I could start what they call "the best moment of entire life - college."Oh, college was so much fun. All I did for 3 years was ENJOYED !!!
Somehow !!! Okay, Somehow. Really don't know how? but I managed to pass. It was time to start the 2nd innings of my life...

2nd Innnings

The 2nd innings was pretty much the same. I worked, slogged, sweat, hurt myself, got a car of my own, house of my own, and finally a wife of my own. I was so stuck in between Kids, Job, House, Wife, and LIFE !!! I had every possible thing in this world to worry about. I turned 60, and it was time to retire. Time to play the 3rd innings of my life. Time flies really fast.

3rd Innings

I retired from those busy working days. Living life on pensions. 80 years old now. Wife dead, Kids left me.Only a big house with empty rooms, not a home. Wake up to find no one on the opposite side of bed. Waiting for salvation. Living each day as last day. Living each moment as last moment. Waiting for that morning when people would wear black, say something nice about me, bury me, and leave. Waiting for life to stop. Waiting for DEATH !!!

GAME OVER

Here I lie, dead in the coffin; 6 feet below the ground. I just want to ask you one question, and that is "What's the meaning of life?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you choose to bury yourself? Why did your wife die before you? Why did you want to die when you were still alive? Instead of sulking and waiting for death, go live life one more time! Not everyone gets the gift of life! You should appreciate it! Was a nice post though...

Anonymous said...

..hey sam...its a nyc blog. but i do agree with dis person here. live lyf ahead with wot u got left :) mke d most of it..instead of sulking away...
but..whats d meaning of lyf? dunno really..but..well lyfs too short to experience all d good things..dats all..i guess.

Lucky said...

wats wid this new found fascination wid death...?
live ur life man...
stop imagining the future...
stop making dreadful imaginations...
not everyone in life is fortunate enough to go for 3rd innings...
now if u really our getting it..
go ahead buddy..
hit a century...
we're watching out for u...
be careful..:)

Mythreya said...

well nice blog...
nice way to put d stages of life...

according to me..
life is all abt finding dat one purpose of ur life..
giving a meaning to ur life...
finding dat one passion which u r ready to sacrifice everything...
but...
life is vicious circle...
never ends... always gets back to u!!!

Adaa said...

The meaning of life is that its a song.... a sad song or a happy song depends on how u humm d tune! Cheers to life. to friends and lovers!